[This is no longer available. A new version should be available in 2013]
Give Me 2 Hours and I’ll Give You a Dramatically Better Musical Performance… Guaranteed
Find out how to sound better on Sunday mornings with this easy 2 Hours of Instruction.
Tired of struggling to get a great sound to the congregation? Tired of struggling with those pesky floor monitors? Tired of arguing with your sound guy? Ready to change all that? You’re not alone.
Imagine placing that first foot step on the church stage, knowing that today you are spending your time focusing on practicing songs, working out any final song arrangements, and enjoying every single moment of your time on the stage. Gone are the days of stressing over equipment problems, worrying about how you sound to the congregation, and tension between you and the sound guy.
Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians is a downloadable video designed to help you revitalize your performance on stage by giving you the essential skills required for great stage performance. This goes for all musicians; both singers and instrumentalists. I’ll take you through the 19 key topics so you will be more confident on the stage and you will be giving the best musical sound to the audience each and every time.
Each topic in the video contains:
1. Teaching – What you need to know and why it’s important.
2. Implementation – Great instructions on how to easily implement what you’ve learned
This two-pronged approach is designed so that you come away from the video having not only learned what to do but you’ll be successful because you’ll know why you are taking those steps.
I know what it’s like to stand on stage with all eyes on you. I used to play guitar on a few worship teams myself. I remember the first time I played on stage like it was yesterday. I was frustrated with the monitors, the equipment, and trying to give the sound guy what he needed. And I’m glad I don’t sing because there’s even more that would have frustrated me.
Now, it’s one thing to know how to play guitar but it’s another to be placed on stage without any stage training on how to use the microphones, cabling, and monitors. That’s a great way to frustrate the sound guy! That’s a lot of stress I didn’t want. I wish I had a training resource at the time like this one.
I created this training video because I’ve been in your shoes (or sandals) and I know how it feels. Working behind the mixer for many years now, I want to give back to you, the musician.
How to Use the Video
There are a variety of great ways to use the video:
- Intense Training – setting aside time to watch the whole video and try out what you learn
- Sections a Day – learning daily so you’ve got all the topics well understood by the next weekend’s service
- Quarterly Cycle – using the series to stay on top of the skills needed for optimal music production
- Inspirational Resource – dipping into the Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians video on a more occasional basis – using it as a refresher course
- BAND TRAINING – the whole band can train together with the worksheets and the…well, I’ll get to that soon enough.
The great thing about Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians is that you can do it at your own pace and in your own way.
Wait until you see the team package version!
Who is this Video for?
Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians is for musicians at all stages of their musicianship:
- those who have just started playing or singing but who don’t know how to improve their stage work
- those who have been performing for a while but feel stalled in their growth on stage
- musicians frustrated with their current situation
This video is for everyone, regardless of how simple or complex your stage equipment, because the topics you learn are foundational to proper stage performance.
Who should NOT watch this Video?
Anyone who only wants to learn as little as possible. You will give the audience (the congregation) the best sound possible when you implement everything in this video series. It’s not just picking and choosing what you want. It’s about using all the information together to create great music!
By the end of the 2-Hour Video you’ll have:
- learned techniques for getting the right sounds from your monitor
- learned techniques for getting the best sound into your microphone
- learned techniques for getting your best sound to the sound board
- learned how to work with (not against) your sound guy
- learned how to get the best sound from your amp
- learned the required technical aspects of stage work, from cable types to direct box usage
- less headaches! How about no more headaches on Sunday mornings!?!
Gone will be the days of inconsistent performances. Gone will be the days of feeling insecure about your performance and wondering how well the audience can hear you.
You’ll also have:
- discovered the proper stage techniques so you can perform more confidently on stage – in time with your band and on key
- discovered how to set up your equipment in a fraction of the time
- discovered how to avoid common stage setup mistakes
- discovered how you can easy get an extra 20 – 30 minutes for practicing every time you play
- developed new techniques for arranging songs with more depth (more emotion)
The information you learn will guarantee that when you give your best on stage, the audience will hear your best. (And, of course, the sound guy will love you as well.)
Not only will learning all this help you but you’ll become a valuable asset to your team.
If you’re not 100% satisfied with Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians after watching the video, using the worksheets, and putting in a good-faith effort into implementing what you learned then I’ll refund your money. You get 30 Days to try the video. If you’re not 100% satisfied, then let me know and I’ll refund your money – that’s how confident I am that this is a resource that will help you perform more confidently on stage and get a better sound to the congregation. You can also keep the bonus material even if you aren’t happy with the video.
Get the Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians Video Series by hitting the following button:
Get the Complete Team Edition
As an encouragement to all worship teams, praise bands, worship leaders, and anyone else who is ready to get their whole band progressing up to the next level of performance, the Team Edition is for you.
Team Edition Contents
Show this to all the musicians at your church! You get everything you need for training the team for maximum information retention;
- The video series broken up by section AND sub-section (great for reviewing a specific topic)
- Worksheets for filling in the blanks and taking notes by section (writing increases rate of retention)
- Discussion questions for the facilitator to use after watching the videos
- Audio version (broken up by section and sub-section) – a way to study up on the drive to church or daily work commute
- Team licensing – you can show it to as many band members at your church as you want
If you aren’t ready to jump all in with the Team Edition, I’m throwing in a bonus if you get the Personal Edition. Not only will you get the 2-hour video series, broken down into sections only, but you’ll also get the worksheets included with the Team Edition.
About the Author
Chris Huff has been working in live sound for over 15 years. He currently serves as the volunteer Technical Director at his church. Not only has he been working behind the mixer but has the unique experience of being a guitarist on a worship team.
He’s been blogging on church audio since 2005 at BehindTheMixer.com.
His articles have been featured in print via Religious Product News as well as featured regularly online at ProSoundWeb (a site for news and information for audio professionals).
Blog Reader Comments:
“This has to be the greatest site I have ever come across. I am the sound team leader for our church. I have been doing this for a very long time. This site encompasses a multitude of important aspects with regard to sound, music, church, and the individual(s) involved.”
“Thanks for the great site. I will be using it for training and a place to send trainees for info.”
“I just stumbled upon your site here and love the information you’ve compiled and share with everyone! I just took charge of the Audio ministry at my church in Northern California and have been looking for information that may help me lead training sessions and bring this team together. I love your candor and insights. “
Download Your Personal Copy of Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians for an Investment of $19.95
This 2-hour video resource is ready for your download right now. You can order it here.
At $1.25 per topic, this is a resource that is designed to bring life and revitalization to your stage performance again and again as you continue to use it over coming months and years.
Download Your Team Edition of Audio Essentials for Worship Musicians for an Investment of $39.95
You can’t hire a trainer for this low of a price. That’s the video, the worksheets, the discussion questions, the audio version, and you can use it church-wide!
Still not sure?
Using this 2-hour video, I promise you’ll learn all the essentials necessary for performing great on stage. You’ll benefit from it the first time you use it, as will the congregation.
And of course, you have 30 days to decide if you like it or not. If you don’t, you get a full refund plus you get to keep the worksheets.
If you still aren’t sure if this series is right for you, sign up for the five-day mini-course. You’ll get five emails (one email a day) that take you through one of the topics. PLUS, you’ll get a list of all the topics covered in the video.