Technical difficulties are just a part of life for us. If we are lucky, they are few and far between. When they do occur, here are a few "excuses" you might try using.
- "My mistake!" : Hey, honesty is the best policy, right?
- Say nothing and pretend it didn't happen…it was only 5 seconds of feedback. Good luck with that one.
- "There was a short in the BV connector going to the Dizzer array terminal." The more technical the explanation, the more in-awe they are that you understand the electronics. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, just that it SOUNDS technical.
- "That's never happened before." Then, while you are inspecting the wireless microphone for some wildly unusual technical problem, carefully swap out the dead batteries for the new ones you meant to change in before the service started.
- "The audio cable to the DVD player had been pulled out of the mixer. Must have happened during the youth event." Truth is, you just forgot to bring up the volume on the mixer. But hey, you don't want to admit to that now, do you?
In case you're wondering – this is a humor piece. Man-up and take the blame where necessary.