We don't always get the budget we want. Some of you have seen budgets cut to zero. Here are five signs your budget was slashed.
- Budget returned with a coupon for $0.50 off your next Starbucks purchase.
- You get an email from the budget committee that starts with "Thanks for the laugh…"
- You're asked to resubmit the budget after you eliminate upgrades, maintenance costs, and essentials.
- Budget committee claims to have never received your budget even after you physically hand them the 3rd copy.
- You're asked to purchase supplies like blank CD's out of your own pocket as "another way to support the church and everything it does for the community."
Humor aside, if you haven't created a budget before, check out this article on creating an audio budget. 2011 is right around the corner and we should be getting ready for the next twelve months.
Question: Have You Seen Your Budget Cut Before? What Happened? Do You Purchase Anything Out of Pocket?