There were over 500 entries. There was one microphone. There was one simple question; "if you could run sound for anyone (solo act, band, etc), who would it be?" Then came the random comment number generator. The winner of the Behind the Mixer Microphone Giveaway Is…
Before I reveal the winner (yeah, I know you can scroll down if you want), I want to say a few things.
Short and sweet, I promise…
1. Thanks to CCI Solutions for providing the Shure Beta58 microphone for this contest. They are more than an Audio/Video equipment company. They also design and build systems for worship facilities all over the country. They have CTS-certified sales tech's familiar with the church audio and video arena. Most of their tech's are involved within their own church a/v teams. The mission of CCI is (and always has been) to support the church. They have been doing so for over 35 years, offering the very best support and value possible!
2. Thanks to everyone who entered! I've loved reading the variety of responses to the question. Here are a few of my favorite comments;
- "Although it would be awesome to work with top touring bands with state of the art equipment, I think I get the most satisfaction trying to get great sound in less than ideal conditions. I believe it helps me stay focused and never complacent, striving to be better each time." – I love that mindset!
- "In my ideal world, I'd only be responsible for load in and load out because what I most enjoy is plugging things in and packing them up." – Great to know people have a passion for that aspect of the job!
- Anyone who wished me a happy birthday!
3. Answers were all over! You listed everything from jazz to rock to pop to bluegrass. Secular to CCM. U2 and Hillsong were popular along with even some jazz favorites like Bela Fleck.
4. My answer; If I could run sound for anyone…Michael W Smith for sure…but then there would be jazz greats like George Benson…and then there would also be James Taylor and his band. Ah, to dream…
5. The winner was chosen at random using a random number generator and picking the associated comment.
Without further ado…
The winner of the Shure Beta58A Handheld Microphone, provided by CCI Solutions, is…
Jim – "Hmm, It would have to be Jesus Culture!"
Jim, your email address has been passed along to CCI and they will contact you.
Thanks again to you and you and you and you and you and everyone who commented!
*this contest was not endorsed by Shure.