The following are my hand-picked articles, by topic, from Behind the Mixer. Many are my most popular (number of reads and all that) but others are listed because they have prompted a lot of comments, tweets, Facebook likes, and sometimes private emails.
NOTE: Links on this page open in a new window (or tab) so you can keep track of this page.
Church Audio 101
- Is There A Difference Between Volume And Decibel Level?
- How to Set Gain Levels for a Mixing Console
- The Basics of EQ’ing Vocals
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Church Audio. One of Them Still Drives Me Crazy.
- How to EQ Speech for Maximum Intelligibility
- Top Eight Common Acoustic Guitar Mixing Mistakes
- Can’t Get the Mix Right: Blame Your Eyes
- How Do Techs Magically Pinpoint a Problem Frequency?
- How to Prepare the Sound Stage: 13 Easy-To-Follow Steps
- How to Avoid the Seven Characteristics of an Amateur Mix
- How to Fix 99% of All Acoustic Guitar Problems
- How to EQ Vocals in Six Easy Steps
Work Ethic / The Job
- Rules of Professionalism for the Church Sound Tech
- Why the Sound Tech is Ignored
- Overcoming the Four Types of Self-Sabotage
The MEGA Guide to Mixing Vocals – The Free 10K-Word Guide