How did it happen? How did you get involved in church audio production? My story is simple, someone asked me to run audio at church and figure it out as I went along. That was…decades ago. Then, in 2008, I decided it was time to help my fellow church sound techs and that’s how Behind the Mixer started.
So that being said, WELCOME!
The best way I can help you, right now, is to bring you into my fold. That happens when you join (for free) what has become the world’s large church audio team. When you take this step, well, read on.
As a member of my world-wide audio team, you get:
- The FREE Soundcheck Checklist
- Exclusive articles
- New gear updates
- and ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE DISCUSSION GROUP.
You’ve probably got a few questions, so…
“Who’s on the Tech Team?”
People, from around the globe, devoted to church audio production. They come from a range of backgrounds; from the one-man crew to full-time technical directors. There’s over 30,000 on the team!
“What EXACTLY do I get when I sign up?”
As a team member, you’ll get:
- The FREE SOUND CHECK CHECKLIST.
- An info-packed newsletter a couple of times a month. Check out the exclusive articles, new gear announcements, links to the latest posts, and cool resources (when I find them).
- Access to the private discussion group. Via the Facebook-based private discussion group, you can post up questions, help other techs, and be part of a great community of audio techs. You can also directly ask questions to me or Brian (the other guy who has joined me in helping others).
- Encouragement! Tech work is wonderful but can be frustrating and challenging. Expect regular words of encouragement because you deserve it!
“What are some examples of exclusive articles?”
- Audio Myths Costing You Money
- Improving Backing Vocal Mixes
- Talking Tech with a Non-Tech Person (Talking with the Pastor)
- Dealing with the OH NO Moments
“Is my email address safe and secure?”
YES. The short answer; I don’t sell your email address, I don’t spam you, and you can unsubscribe any time you want. The long answer, with the technical details, can be found here.
“What do other people think?”
@behindthemixer Just found your website and its a God send. Thank you so much for all that you do.
@behindthemixer just stumbled onto your website, and signed up for the newsletter. Great content!
Thank you so much for this post. Greatly encouraged by being authentic and prayerful in situations like these.
Join the Tech Team Today
Drop your email address below and join my team of 30,000+ people who are growing in their knowledge of audio production, who have grabbed their free checklist, and who are kickin’ it every weekend behind the mixer.