We’ve all seen a musician give us the “up” sign for turning up their monitor during a song. Maybe the guitarist bounces up and down or raises his guitar neck as a signal.
What if the sound guy (or gal) had their own signals…
- The head shake: “You really don’t want me to do that.”
- The head nod – looking at the stage: “I may or may not take you up on that suggestion.”
- The head nod – looking at the mixer: “Now THAT’S the sound i wanted to hear”
- The head nod – with eyes closed: “The perfect mix has been achieved.”
- Hands on hips without direct eye contact: “Something’s wrong but i don’t know what”
- Hands on hips with direct eye contact: “I’m waiting for you to do something”
- Holding hand up: “Don’t talk, I’m busying listening”
- Typing on iPhone: “500 of my twitter friends just found out about what you did.”
- Pulls at hair: “I’m trying to fix a problem.”
- Pulls at face: “You are driving me crazy.”
Have I missed any? Let me know!
Thought? Questions? Comments?