I’m not saying I’ve ever done these. I’m not recommending you do any of these…except for number one. Come to think of it, number six sounds good too, but that’s because I’m hungry. So without further ado…the top ten ways to get kicked off the audio team.
1. Play a laugh track after the pastor tells a joke.
2. Force feedback when the pastor tells the same joke more than once.
3. Hide the pastor’s wireless microphone for the Easter service and tell him "it’s outside in the grass somewhere."
4. Use a pitch change effect whenever the worship leader decides to talk between songs.
5. Heckle from the sound booth
6. Have a pizza delivered to the booth during a service. Plenty of garlic and onions!
7. Demand a bowl of M&M’s in the sound booth before every service – with all the blue ones removed.
8. Tell jokes into the booth microphone that is hooked up to the musician’s IEM’s…during the service.
9. After the next "technical malfunction" during a service, stand up, grab your cup of coffee and walk out of the building.
10. Don’t show up when scheduled.
Thought? Questions? Comments?