Why I Love Being A Sound Tech
From time to time, I rant a little on this site about the annoyances of the job. This morning, I felt I should post the reasons I love being a sound tech.
1. I can use my God-given talents for the benefit of the church body.
2. I love creating organization out of chaos which can occur from time to time.
3. I love solving problems. And if any problem is going to occur on a Sunday morning, it’s going to be with the sound system.
4. Sitting in the booth, I see eye-level with the pastor. I feel it makes the sermon more personal.
5. Worship team members are confident about the house sound when they know I’m talking care of them that morning.
6. I DO know what all those knobs do.
7. I get a reserved seat in the best location in the sanctuary!
8. I can teach others about live audio production.
9. I can teach musicians how they can make changes which improve their sound.
10. I love mixing music. I might not be doing a 50,000 attendee concert or mixing a recording, but I am mixing for a group of people.
11. I’m always learning new information so my skills are always improving.
12. It keeps me humble. Messing up as the sound tech, means all eyes turn to me.
What Do You Love About Being A Sound Tech?